Andy Murray

Andy Murray
New Wimbledon Champ?? (2010) ,maybe next year

Monday 23 July 2007

And God created.......

In the beginning, The Lord God Almighty, sitting on His throne on high, turned to His mate, the Archangel Gabriel and said "Gabby, today I'm going to create Scotland. I will make it a country of dark beautiful mountains, purple glens and rich green forests. I will give it clear swift flowing rivers and I will fill them with salmon. The land shall be lush and fertile, on which the people shall grow barley to brew into an amber nectar that will be much sought after the world over. Underneath the land I shall lay rich seams of coal.In the waters around the shores there will be an abundance of fish and beneath the sea bed there will be vast deposits of oil and gas".
"Excuse me Sire", interrupted the Archangel Gabriel, "Don't you think you are being a bit too generous to these Scots"?"Not really", replied the Lord, "wait 'til you see the neighbours I'm giving them".

2 comments:

jAMiE said...

I'm still smiling...thanks for that. New visitor here, enjoying what i'm reading.

Anonymous said...

Good joke. First heard it in a worker's hostel in Dundee, 1996.